View Single Post
Old 2011-06-03, 15:33   Link #96
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

It seems this boils down to what you see as acceptable character flaws, much like the debates around Madoka.

Personally, I see 6 characters who are emotionally distraught and are not very open with their emotions to everyone.

I see Jintan who has a chronic avoidance issue when it comes to anything. I see Memma emotionally confused about what her point in existing is. She proclaims she has a wish she doesn't even know what it is. Jintan to give a little peace to his mind works towards fulfilling her wish.

In Jintan's mind he isn't even sure what Memma is and certainly has been avoiding asking her any questions about that. Again, he chronically avoids this issue. The other characters think he's crazy, but again he avoids the issue of proving them wrong.

So apparently only Memma can get them out of this rut. Could she see things were wrong with everyone? Sure. But the whole series seems to be structured so far as building up just how badly Memma's death has plagued our cast and how Memma comes to terms with what she thinks she should do. It seems episode 8 was the culmination of that (First time Jintan's broken down in front of her). Again, it was merely the span of a few weeks that they've been in this situation.

You seem to think the tipping point for decisive action should've been Yukiatsu's break down, but considering that Jitnan is our central character and he's the only one who talks to Memma, I consider his breakdown in episode 8 to be the much more logical tipping point.

Last edited by Reckoner; 2011-06-03 at 21:39.