View Single Post
Old 2012-05-31, 03:07   Link #83
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 6:

- I'd say this episode is more Seinfeld than Yamakans Lucky Star, simply because the conversations are engaging the same way Seinfeld was. The pacing of the episode was good, and everything was kept lively and upbeat. For a cool down episode I thought it was quite well done.

- The title at the end "Little birds can remember" is a reference to Agatha Christie's Elephants Can Remember. Hyouka's author seems to be a fan of Agatha Christie's works, as he does allude to her works more than once.

- I didn't know how much Mayaka was repulsed by Houtarou until this episode when they were talking about the seven deadly sins, and the moment Houtarou opened his mouth Mayaka had the "won't you just shut up already" grimace. I'm sure a lot of people has that kind of person in their life, and every time that person talks, you just want him/her to friggin' zip it. For Mayaka that person is Houtarou.

- Next episode is onsen! I'm expecting Satoshi offering to wash Houtarou's back and making all kinds of homoerotic advances.
       /
      / \|
    /