View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 18:27   Link #255
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Mmmmm I dunno. The first virtual reality game was released in 1980 and aside from an improvement in in-game visuals the technology for the medium hasn't come very far since then. That's mostly the basis for my skepticism as it's still all very vision-based stuff, even 30 years later.
Which is why I put the development of Nervgear as a prerequisite. But once it's there? It'll be unstoppable.

Quote:
I'm not against technological progress. If you ask me anyone who is would be a total nutball. Not sure why you're getting the idea I'm telling you games in realism is wrong and not something that people should want in it, I myself just don't think it's very important. I do understand other people find it necessary. If my choice of words or something has been giving off that impression than I apologize.
Because you denounced clothing physics as bad writing, for the sole reason that you dislike realism. Whereas a more objective POV is that most people like realism, and therefore would welcome clothing physics. (Even if they have other priorities and may consider it negligible compared to other aspects, it would in no case count as a minus.) As for whether it'd be included in a VR game or not, it would depend and cost/benefit, and we can't possibly analyze that.

That's what we've been saying. Nobody's been trying to convince you that you have to prefer realism.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote