View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 17:15   Link #232
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And why is this such an important thing to try and achieve? Why is everyone striving to have it? Is there really any good reason for that?
Because it's what developers want to make and consumers want to buy, which is really one reason more than absolutely necessary.

Quote:
In the big picture it's absolutely pointless because a game can be just as enjoyable without implementing any realism at all.
That's like saying a dish can be just as good without heat. It's true, and I like sushi, but I wouldn't want to be without deep frying or any of the many possibilities given by oven, frying pans and the like.

And frankly, all other things being equal, I'd rather have better graphics, better physics, and so on and so forth. It's not like crappy eight bit graphics make the game better, or we'd never have moved away from them.

Quote:
In case you haven't already figured it out, I strongly dislike things I consider pointless, and realism in video games is one of them.
And in case you haven't already figured it out, the world doesn't revolve around you. There's lots of things I dislike, but I wouldn't be so dumb as to expect people who do enjoy them to renounce them just because of me.

It's nice that you can feel superior thanks to your appreciation of the high artistry of Pong, but seriously - nobody else cares.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote