View Single Post
Old 2013-03-29, 07:43   Link #2
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I think the thing about this movie is that it's very much a Love It or Hate It kind of movie.

yes, this seems to be the only corner of the internet that has Nanoha fans that hate it, but, as Keroko has pointed out in the movie thread...

Fans who didn't like it won't speak up because they'll get flamed, trolled and outright banned if they do. This is the only forum that allows for people to be critical of Fate without being banned for it.

The only things that are universally liked by everyone is the visuals, the fight scene against the core of the book of darkness, Reinforce showing up earlier and her device NachtWal. The only thing that we all agree on that was done badly was the first action sequence, though we disagree on the why to that.

Other than that, you pretty much either loved the movie or hated it.

If you loved the movie, as Demi., Triple_R and others have pointed out, time and time again, the friendship bonding between Nanoha and Fate was nice, Fate having more screen time was also nice and the visuals were outstanding.

However, if you didn't like the movie, you found that Yuuno basically being written out, Chrono and Lindy not getting any closure, the bland action sequences, the bland music, the Wolkenritter having to grab both the Conflict AND Idiot Balls to make the plot work to be extremely horrible, as I have commented on for nearly 40 pages in the movie thread.

The movie could have been a lot better than it was, the problem is, we're now disagreeing on what can be done to fix the movie's problems. Some of you (those who love the movie) don't see where the problems are and some of us (those who hated the movie) probably see too many problems that may or may not be there.

The problem with resolving this comes down to bias, as some will use their bias too strongly to say that you can't change certain things because it would make the movie bad for them while others say that the movie was already bad for them, why not change it to make it better for more people over-all?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2013-03-29 at 08:14.