View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 02:01   Link #33
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...I still think it really feels like a troll ending.

Sure it's sad and emotional and all, but it just feels so pointless and MEAN.

Sort of saying "Here's what happens when he DOESN'T pick Nagisa. Now stop bitching."
This is what I mean by trivialising the message. You've basically fallen into the same trap that the "if I don't get everything I worked for than it is pointless" group had fallen to. That is preciously the message that Maeda Jun wants to shatter in TA as life is full of such instances where you've tried you best and gets nothing in return, as you get older and older in real life, you'll be continously bombarded with such disappointments in life, and learning to pick yourself up from these disappointments is central to the theme in TA.

The message is in the pathway leading to the end, just because something bad happens it doesn't negates the good times and experiences that happens during. Plus it says a lot about how life *really* works, the point, as pointed out by Maeda Jun is to get people to face reality more and be less engrossed in escaptist fantasy (do take into consideration that anime/manga/game escaptist is quite a heavy social problem in Japan, so Maeda Jun is trying to be a bit more responsible here too). Be able to pick youself up again after being defeated - that's the beauty of the message in TA.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2009-03-05 at 02:13.