View Single Post
Old 2013-05-12, 14:11   Link #36
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Including one who appeared to be doing pelvic thrusts with an erect penis.

OK, I'm going to mention this just once. I have not liked Amy's character model from the beginning. She and Ledo are supposed to both be sixteen, but he looks 24, and she looks 12. Her behavior and speech often seem a bit juvenile as well. As for Ledo, though he looks much older than 16, his virginity and (dissolving) asexuality also place convenient limits on his maturity.

So I find scenes where three supposedly sixteen-year-old girls dance provocatively in front of a bunch of inebriated older men disturbing. Drawing the girls to look young for their ages makes it even worse. I figured that after the bikini episode we would leave the fanservice behind and return to the main story this week. I was disappointed to say the least.
Learn history if anything what you're saying right now is a the definition of being abnormal.

Just because our society is overly prudish due to our puratan background and skewed conservative propaganda doesn't make a cultural relic any less effective because its fan service.

Amiration and propogation of youth, beauty and vaitality, is very common and natural in human culture. The dancing of beautiful scanty clad young girls in a tavern/festival of gruff sweaty men is the cliche definition of a cultural symbol around the world, especially in mining towns(which is what this story closely tries to draw parallels from).

12-18 is probably overly accurate age in any culture. That is the age when they are no longer kids but not marriable by most standards. Thus the epitome of youth and valtaility. It is only in the last 50 years when we actually shifted past 20 for that stuff which you now deemed normal.