Thread: Licensed Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? [WN]
View Single Post
Old 2017-10-03, 21:32   Link #8017
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I wonder what Sariel thinks of Potimas now. Would she still allow him to live?
That depends on her perspective of what makes humans. So, the question is, does she value their lives or their souls? If she, being a god, looks at them as souls, then they are close to being destroyed but can still be saved. That would be a loop-hole that would make it easier for her to have mercy for Potimas.

Shun shouldn't have much of an excuse at this point, though. He sees value in life itself so he has to argue from that point. So he can't logically win the argument and, with the flashback, he should know this.

The thing is, I don't think Oni feels to justified in himself enough to passionately defend his POV. He knows it's necessary, but then labels himself as necessary evil, one that should be judged one day. So he'll calmly argue and win on a logical basis, but that won't do anything to convince a group with little more maturity than highschoolers. They'll probably be swayed more by the tone of voice rather than it's contents.

edit:
F*CK! I just realized that, from Oni's perspective, this is probably a "why you should live" speech! F*%$! %$@! %$@^!!! Why did it have to be Shun?! Why did it have to be now?! An argument that would sway Oni to live would undermine everything they set out to do!