View Single Post
Old 2008-04-19, 09:52   Link #63
Aquifina

Judging by the raw, and the plot summary I read at Random Curiosity, I suppose the bickering between Sheryl and Alto is supposed to be part of the triangle. The whole couple who hate each other at first, but later fall in love business. Right now, though, there seems to be a lot more chemistry between Alto and Ranka, although without subs, I can't really judge for sure. Alto seems to be an unhappy dude--frustrated at his own sense of powerlessness, and hounded by his past--and presumably the break with his father and family left blood on the floor. But Ranka actually is able to get a genuine smile out of him. That really was a nice scene at the end of the ep., even if I couldn't understand the actual dialogue. In Sheryl's favor, I suppose, her can-do attitude does match Alto's aggressiveness in some ways, unless I suppose one thinks relationships where the characters complement rather than duplicate each other make more sense. Anyhow, we'll see how it goes.

Lastly, it seems that Ranka's character is now getting more depth, beyond the general air of charming cuteness. That's a welcome development for the series in the long term, I think.