View Single Post
Old 2011-04-23, 07:05   Link #77
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I don't now if they use the same song of this PV as the opening or they replace with a completely different song, still performed by Hitomi Harada ?
why would they replace with a new song. I mean, it will be hard to justify making a song purely for PV, eh?

I originally was hoping to translate a volume a month, but given my current busy schedule, that's no longer possible and I doubt I can catch up with the anime. Unless some other translators magically appear

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's not as open-ended as Denyuuden where you can throw stuff in RPG style
I was too tired and didn't notice this yesterday . But Denyuuden is not what I'd call RPG like SAO (ok I do like SAO for the fantasy element and some of the characters, so this is not a negative comment ). It's a fantasy, just like Itsuten. Why Denyuuden is so great and long is the epic proportion of the plot, world setting (medieval based), and the characters. There are many characters and every significant one has a great, interesting, heart-rending back story. Even now, in Shinyuuden, the back stories of Claugh, Luke, Lucile, etc. are turning out to be great. The truth about Luke in the latest Daiden...... well, I'm digressing, and I shouldn't start spoiling .

Well, Itsuten is still 'young'. While there is a certain degree of epicness, it seems scaled down compared to DYD because the primary setting is in the modern world. Though that's somewhat compensated by the involvement of multiple worlds and dimensions. And I find Itsuten to be more on the intriguing side however. Though there are some undeniable similarities, in the prophecy and world cycle departments for both. But before I comment further, I need to read 6 and 7 first, hopefully soon. I think Kagami is aiming to capture more 'generic audience' with Itsuten (student council style and moe girls) and the side stories, based on some comments I'm getting on twitter (I've haven't read them yet), seems to be more light.

Last edited by larethian; 2011-04-23 at 08:42.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote