View Single Post
Old 2013-01-21, 22:56   Link #325
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
It may come as a shock to you but us girls don't always see the "awesomeness" in things that guys do.
I said 'beauty" not "girlyness".
I do not value "girliness" in guys at all. If a guy has a beautiful face, I can admire that but that's not the same as "girliness".
I think what she's saying is that she likes a handsome man.

Who has facial hair.

On another note, the "fangs" for a girl, when the girl has a personality I can deal with (here's to you, green-haired girl from Haruhi), are actually kind of sexy.
Quote:
THIS.
I honestly wish this terrible cliche would DIE. (cutting long hair)
More than anything else.
This reminds me of D.Gray-Man, when everyone got really mad about Lenali's forced haircut. Not just the fans either, her brother was upset as well. She just looks so off with short hair. It didn't suit her! I am biased against very short hair on girls though.

Here's something that has a great example in Fairy Tail, for those who have watched late into the series. Characters who go from woman to woman looking for attention, because they really really like women. Brock from Pokemon is a perfect example as well. Yes there's humor in it, but if those characters are reoccurring it gets old very quickly. It's easier to deal with when that obsession is also treated as a weakness for the character like it is in FTail, but as an element unrelated to the plot it just gets boring. Equally annoying is the flipside of this, where the female who is abandoned by these obsessive characters feel scorned and jealous of the interests of this character that they hated. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be jealous, I would expect some jealousy, but to basically become the character they hated because they were abandoned is just silly. For me, this quickly results in an eyeroll and a "here we go again with this crap."

Edit:
Quote:
glasses girls
I'm confused. Glasses girls that look BETTER without glasses, or look better WITH glasses? I like girls with glasses, as a guy who wears glasses! Of course, not if the glasses don't look right on them.

I'm guessing this is about girls that take their glasses off and look better for them. I can say there's certainly a psychological effect associated with glasses, like any clothing. It's a cliche that at least has some fact associated with it. Although I still think that those girls look better with their glasses on, and I don't think that they should experience such drastic changes when they do. In Yuki's case there wasn't a whole lot there because regardless she's still robotic.

Last edited by Traece; 2013-01-21 at 23:03. Reason: I mad a mistake and got made.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote