View Single Post
Old 2009-11-15, 17:17   Link #3274
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Again, Kyrie doesn't HAVE to kill someone to be the mastermind. The mastermind is the one who thinks everything up, but masterminds rarely do any dirty work themselves. I personally think she set up the closed rooms and someone might have betrayed her the first couple times.
Off the current topic, but...

I say this a lot, but any real mastermind would be smart enough to stay far, far away from an island filled with volatile people where he/she knows a mass murder is going to be taking place.

Furthermore, even if they are on the island, given how brilliant the closed rooms are, they'd be smart enough to avoid dying, ever. You don't hire subordinates that would stab you in the back, after all.

Hmm. All those red definitions involving the word "culprit"... what's the definition of "culprit" in the first place?

Is the culprit the person who plans the murders or the person who carries them out?

Does the mastermind count as the culprit, in other words? Could, say, Battler, the detective, also be the mastermind without violating red text?

These are the sort of questions Battler should be asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The Beato in EP 2 has to be a fake, because when we see her greeting Maria the 17 limit is in place and no one has died up to that point - it would be impossible for that Beato to exist as a separate entity for that reason and I doubt anyone was dressing up as her because everyone who could of was away (Shannon was with the cousins so).
I also say this a lot, but I don't think people are magically arriving on the island after the family starts dying. That's far, far too easy.

A large note is made of it every time the number of people changes, for one thing, and for another, it opens up the Unknown Person X thing again, which I think is completely contradictory to what Beato has been trying to tell Battler all along.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote