View Single Post
Old 2007-06-08, 21:16   Link #1408
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Very well done! Everything seemed to be well accounted for. Though I'm not really sure if Lost Logia can be analyzed enough for commercial integration right now. I think it's classified as technology that is not applicable to common use because of the potential danger because of the lack of viable information. But then, I'm not really any surer than you about these matters.
I was basing that assumption on the following:

- Scaglietti is using what looks like Jewel Seeds, or at least Jewel Seed facsimiles in the Drones. Jewel Seeds were, ten years prior to StrikerS, definitely Lost Logia. (They were also sealable, perhaps only by Raising Heart and Bardiche, but sealable nonetheless. Significant?) One wonders where he gets his equipment; it's not like he can Fedex them or something, and if he stole them, then they must have been used somewhere else first.

- Rein Zwei gets maintenance in episode 10. Maintenance implies maintenance equipment and procedures. Rein Zwei was part of the Book of Darkness, which was quite firmly stated to be Lost Logia. (In fact, if I remember correctly, it was Lost Logia that came from this current civilization, when the Book of the Night Sky, a generic book of spells, became sentient.) EDIT: Actually, never mind, I misremembered.

- Raising Heart's origins are fairly vague, but I've been told (several times) that RH was "dug up" by the Scrya clan during an excavation. This implies that it is a Lost Logia of some sort, or at least an artefact. And yet it can be easily interfaced with TSAB systems as well as any other Device.

So basically, you may be correct; Lost Logia are not completely understood, but are understood enough to be used by certain specialized people, rather than the common populace.