View Single Post
Old 2010-07-09, 06:35   Link #8
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The Marineford Arc arc is 32 chapters, and i can easily see the anime adding in additions here and there like it's known for, so there's no fear at all with it catching up to the manga.
Well, remember that the Marineford Arc was partially so long because there were a LOT of large two page panels filling the chapters. That kind of made things move slower, because there was less room for the story to move in 16-18 pages.

I would imagine they are going to stretch out the arc in places. Adding a lot of flash backs that weren't in the manga. Didn't they even add the Ivan and Magellan fight to Impel Down? I don't remember that fight actually being shown in the manga. Just the start and aftermath. I could be wrong.
With the whole Whitebeard War getting ready to start. I plan to blog about each episode on the site Anime Vice. I found the site last year. I like how you can post reviews right on episode's pages.
I'm going to start with the episode that airs this Saturday. I've never tried a project like this. It should be fun.

What I'm really curious about. When do you think we will get a new opening? It feels like we are about due. The past few openings have had some pretty big spoilers in them. That scene at the end of this current opening isn't too far off.
I hope we get a better song with the next opening. The current one feels a bit too childish for the mood of the story. The one before that sounded like something from a boy band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Don't worry about filler, at least for a while. The anime has taken up the practice of a one-to-one adaptation. As long as they keep it up, they'll never catch up to the manga.
I've noticed that since Sabaody Archipelago and Impel Down. For the most part they have stretched episodes out for one chapter is equal to one episode. Really, I think the longest run of fillers this series has ever had was probably between the Alabasta and Jaya Arcs. I believe that was 13 episodes.
Possible between Water 7 and Thriller Bark Arcs. That was around 11 episodes. Still, it's a lot better then that Naruto 2 straight years of filler.