View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 00:12   Link #676
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Anyone remember this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Logic 3:
Adding from logic 1, if Kyubey's job is as an incubator, then I assume he wants to do the same with Madoka. I take his words for face value: Madoka has the potential to become the most powerful magical girl. By extension, Madoka can become the most powerful witch. Or, perhaps, an evil entity even more powerful than a witch - a devil?
I am Gen Urobuchi's secret confident!

Well, here comes another salvo of disconnected logic. This is what we have learned from Kyubey in episode 9:
-The total energy of the universe is decreasing. However, the emotions of humans have the ability to create energy.
-Kyubey claims that his race does not understand emotions. Instead, he is merely using those emotions to extend the life of the universe.
-Madoka has the potential to become the most powerful Puella Magi, and therefore the most powerful witch.
-Kyubey wanted Sayaka to die so Homura would have to face Walpurigi's Night alone. In addition, Kyubey collects the energy created when Puella Magi turn into witches.

First Impressions
Logic 1:
Kyubey wants emotions. The more powerful the emotion, the more energy is restored to the universe. Kyubey grants his contractor any wish they want. In exchange, they feel extremely happy, and therefore also create emotional energy for Kyubey to harness. But as they live the life of a Puella Magi, they descend into utter sadness. When the Puella Magi eventually turns into a witch, Kyubey collects the emotional energy at it's highest - complete despair.

Logic 2:
This relates to physics. The law of conservation of energy (which has never been proven wrong, only modified) states that energy is never lost. Instead, it merely undertakes other forms; for example, the heat energy from a burning fire is converted into chemical energy (the reason why the logs are burnt) and light.

If that scientific law is true, then Kyubey is wrong. The energy of the universe is not decreasing. Something must be using that lost energy. If it stands to say that humans can create energy with their emotions, then it also stands to say that another being should be able to do the reverse: destroy energy.

Logic 3:
Kyubey has stated his intent is to save the universe, not let it die. If Kyubey is not lying, then his race must be working against some other malicious entity.

If Kyubey is lying and Homura is correct, then Kyubey (and his race) is that entity. Kyubey is sucking the energy out of the universe for his own means, but the universe is finite. Therefore, Kyubey is using humans to create energy for himself. The way he does this: Manipulate their emotions. Make them feel bliss, then despair. Kyubey's race has developed the technology to harness emotions as energy; the need for such technology implies that Kyubey's race also has the power to destroy energy for their own means.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote