View Single Post
Old 2006-08-04, 13:28   Link #84
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinil
uruchai: I totally agree with you about the whole "Harima revelation" thing. Eri was a COMPLETELY different person to Harima (especially in the temple). Harima barely got anything out of it though. You'd think he would have learned a little something about her, but no, we can't have that because Harima is a hopeless retard that only goes for the idiot girl that probably can't found to 10.

I forgot to mention, but I found it really out of character for Harima to draw the moustache on Eri during that scene. Sure, she was making fun of him in her sleep, but I think he'd be more embarrassed than angry with her. People sleep-talking are usually thinking about someone important to them. Another misunderstanding once again, and an extremely unlikely one at that.
I think that's one major part that gave me that "bitter" taste I was talking about. I was just unable to grasp it until you mentioned it and I re-watched the ep. Is that scene included in the manga btw? because, when I went back to that scene, it felt like I was waiting for something out of Harima. something like a: "Ojo is thinking about me in her sleep?" something that somehow lifts up that shaded vision he has for Tenma and actually see a potential love interest in someone else - maybe even Yakumo (only that would greatly disappoint me. me not like Onigiri at all!)

but like what many said, dont expect much ROMANTIC development from this series or else it will spell the end. I mean, its frustrating but its still fun to watch for me. and as long as I'm still enjoying, the frustrations are manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Rumiko Takahashi anime series could run for seemingly forever because of her immense popularity. She's one of the best known and influential mangaka outside of Japan. Can we say the same for Kobayashi Jin?
I just need to say that Takahashi-sensei rules them all. and I'm not even ashamed to say that I'm still a huge Inuyasha fan (though that series alone is as frustrating as School Rumble!)