View Single Post
Old 2008-08-26, 06:16   Link #2039
Var
Banned

The nearsightedness in this thread is baffling, downright baffling. It seems all people do is bounce from one rediculous extreme to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondy View Post
You want a selfish person like C.C live happily?! A lot of people died because she gave Lulu a geass so he can grant her wish. Did she even care that Shirley, Euphie and the others died because that selfish wish of hers?!

C.C: screw all of you, I got my wish!
Euphie, Shirley, Mao: BITCH!
A bit much, it is never right to deny a person happiness, what is more in question is do they deserve that happiness. For some people the answer is yes, for others its no, and for those with eyes in their head its 'maybe, depends on the conditions'.

Quite simply, her receiving an unconditional happy ending (memories, mortality, and desire fulfilled) would be hopelessly anti-climactic and insulting to every character who's corpse she's stepped over to get her wish(es). No matter her final decision, her actions in the past bar her from (rightfully) deserving a perfect ending. Does that mean she won't get it? No, but it would be a bit of a stretch to give it to her.

The reverse is true, she does not deserve to burn in the proverbial fires of hell. She suffered and her decisions have been warped by it to seek her contract (though, arguably, the moment she starts questioning her contract she does in a way invalidate all the people she's stepped over for her original contract because she herself would not allow herself to be loved. So its hardly a boon but we'll skip this.)

She does not deserve to lose everything, or more her original self does not. The ten-year old that was a victim of circumstances is as innocent as Anya in this, just an unwitting victim of Geass. The elder C.C., on the other hand, does not really deserve to have everything given to her without a price. From here we get my personal belief that she will have both wishes granted simultaneously. I find it very likely, that the 10-yer old C.C. is what we might get after this upcoming episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Yes I do.

If C.C. is selfish then so is Lelouch. She gave him the geass but it's up to him to use it for his purpose. And you can see that in both Euphie and Shirley case he unintentionally caused their death and regretted it later, not that he coldly sacrificed them.
Your example falls after the first hurdle with a firepocker sticking out of its head. Lelouch's initial use of Geass was a reaction of survival, any person would have done the same, from there every use was based on false pretenses to which C.C. did have the answers and the truth.

I'm quite certain Lelouch regretted what happened to Euphemia and Shirley the moment it occured. He was broken by both. I do, however, recall a certain Mao getting shot because he was simply in the way though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
I give you a gun. You shoot someone with it. Am I the only person guilty?
If I give you a gun and don't tell you that the person breaking into your home is actually your father who forgot his keys and you shot him, who's guilty here? Both, one for pulling the trigger, and one for not disclosing important, situation altering information. Suffice to say, the manipulator is usually the one held more culpable than the unwitting puppet.

Quote:
I wish people just STFU and stop blaming everything Lelouch does on C.C. He himself did say that even without her and her geass, he would still done the same, one way or another. Or else he'd rather die.
He would have tried, does not mean he'd have succeeded. Without C.C. it is possible for the only casualty to be Lelouch. But this does not overlook the point that C.C. never told Lelouch the truth and allowed him to wage a war on false pretenses.

Quote:
You maybe not, but I've seen a lot of KL fans saying and hating her for that I think she never told him about her mother maybe under the request of Marianne herself, just as she trusted C.C. to watching over her children. Hell, maybe C.C. approached Lelouch in the first place because he was Marianne's son.
Then she clearly cares more about Marianne then she does about Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I dont know why but I think there is a reason why they introduced memory wiped C.C to us, and as much as I hate it, I think she will be back..I mean what the hell was the point of her?

I hope I am wrong though..
I think you're on the right track as to why C.C.'s little form was introduced. They simply wrote off the older C.C. for five episodes and then suddenly brought her back. That's rarely a good sign.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote