Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Oda, Joan of Arc, Da Vinci......
why not call it "Warriors Orochi 4"
they are all from different time periods
Sounds like DRIFTERS from Kouta Hirano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I love Aquarion but I'm not going to deny for a moment that it was gloriously, fabulously, romantically, self-awarely(? is that a word?) crazy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was really made on illegal substances (re: Kawamori's stash of good stuff). Aquarion worked the best when it was firing on all cylinders with stuff like spiritual orgasms (including addiction to them), Zen's pithy words of wisdom, the dangers of dieting, those attack names, the titular mecha crawling on all fours or running around like an idiot, the beautiful designs, or Touma suffering beautifully while doing his jilted lover thing; and the worst when it remembered that it actually had a plot and tried to make sense. (You can have your TTGLs and whatnot, Tsugumi's "I love people!" is easily the best thing I've ever seen in mecha anime, with the end of the last episode a very close second.) To some extent this is also true to Evol, except for the involvement of Okada, and dragging the original Aquarion into the whole dog business.

As I said sometime earlier, if there's anyone who can make a project like Nobunaga the Fool work in all its weird, ambitious, romantic glory, it's Kawamori Shouji. You bet I'm very hyped for this show (and I fervently hope Miyano won't default to his usual "pretty boy" routine in the main role...).
Or drama rain. It's always rain even in the friggin space!!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-16 at 10:51. Reason: removed meme image
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote