View Single Post
Old 2008-04-12, 00:05   Link #269
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
... A person who hides behind many faces has no single true face (example: Two Face/Harvey Dent, or Jeckyl/Hyde). He has many different parts comprising a whole. We know, full well, that Lelouch is not a caring brother when he is Zero. He killed two of his siblings. When Nunally came into question he was no longer Zero, he was Lelouch. Watch 25, when Nunally is mentioned the Zero mask is off/broken. Its symbolism at its finest.

Also... Lelouch's true face is the one shown during the massacre (and let's not omit your favorite line that C.C. is the only one who knows the real Lelouch). Heck, if you want to tell me that Nunally knows Lelouch, then I might as well go into the Romance thread and base an entire pro Nunally argument and completely bash C.C's words as meaningless.
I thought you were all about the core motivations Var?

If you're just counting the times he has the helmet on then that's where we differ, because I also count times when he has it off and displays his Zero characteristics up front as well. But if we're really going to get into particulars, the motivation of Zero is the kind caring brother for Nunnally and since that was obvious I'd like you to re frame from twisting my words by bringing up his other siblings. He also has his helmet on when he's concerned about her as well, before Suzaku butted in anyway. Since that seems to stick out, I'll bring up my interpretation that when the mask fell it showed that Lelouch was Zero, not Zero was Lelouch.

What are you getting at anyway, that's not my meaning at all. Of course Nunnally doesn't know all of Lelouch, I brought that up before, she knows that core motivation though, the one that really matters. And C.C also knows that as well, plus EVERYTHING else, so you can give C.C a slight advantage in that regard. I only brought up the point that Nunnally knows the most important part of him, his true face.

Quote:
There we go.

Now, tell me, how is the shooting star line at all reference to him moving toward her? It's movement, yes, but its not stated as to where he's going. As for the fighting; there are multiple reasons why he fights you can't limit it to just one.

My original point is that there is no indication for overcoming the seperation barrier. I've really seen nothing to support that they might, and I've seen plenty to show that they have been slowly drifting apart.
It's a nod toward a physical reference, because he's doing exactly that in the plot, along with where his destination is in the plot which is to find Nunnally... And sure there are multiple reasons he fights, just give me the most important one.>_>

And I assert there is indication, that while there is a physical barrier preventing them, which is being worked on IN THE PLOT, I dissuade from consenting to the notion of an emotional barrier as well. And bah to you, what have I been doing but bring up points that indicate they might overcome the barrier? Whatever, take it how you will, you haven't convinced me I'm wrong in my speculation in turn anyway

Quote:
If you don't know Occam's razor, then you missed my point.
I was let in the loop by flou, my conviction in the viability of my assessment over yours still stands because I think I'm more consistent with all that has been presented instead of just some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Rather than the maximum parsimony, I would say you have different views on which explanation has the maximum likelihood, since Var's explanation is the simpler of the two based on the things we've observed. I'm not disregarding either opinions, though
It's simple but I feel its not in keeping with regards to everything, so from my view I made an as simple assessment in keeping with what's been given. He subtracts too much I think, these things are important if you want to create a viable conclusion.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote