View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 15:57   Link #179
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
They were both blatantly obvious to the point of irritation even if they are both entirely different. The definition of what constitutes abuse differs from one person to another so I don't judge abuse per say, more so on the person's reaction to abuse.
Koe no Katachi is a good example of an abusive case.
Can't believe I forgot this but Yuuno Arashiko from MM! is a very good example of a victim due to abuse.
So if they're both entirely different things then why say one makes sense because of the other? I don't understand what it is you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
She's angry because Yozora is not behaving as Sena herself would in the same situation.
And Sena already explained in the cafe how she's decided to take it. Something that shouldn't bother her under the context of competing for Kodaka's attention.

Quote:
It was a flawed confession because it came out the typical Sena way. That wasn't demonstration of any character growth on Sena's part more as a catalyst for plot progression. Those 2 are not the same.
The "typical Sena" way? That's your only counter-argument?

Like I said, the narrative cue is pretty clear on what it's trying to achieve but it should also be clear in other ways. for example, Sena clearly explained how she decided to confess because it's about moving forward and not being stuck in the past. And if there's one thing the story has been harping on about, it's this message, so the fact that it's in her reasoning is yet another storyline cue that Sena's confession is meant to be considered positive on her part. The other way it's meant to be considered is that she's finally being honest with her true feelings which was her biggest issue in many situations.

Quote:
She wanted a female that is willing to lick her feet...
In the following scene she very specifically said that she wanted friends like those she could "go on camping trips with".

What is your basis for saying she wants someone that will like her feet?

Quote:
That poster wasn't supposed to work from Yozora's perspective, so that Sena saw the 'message' was for shit and giggles.
That's the best you can do? As has already been pointed out, the reason Yozora didn't expect it to work was not because underlying logic was wrong but because she didn't think anyone would see it.

Watch the scene again. notice how Sena shouts that "she wants friends" from the top of her voice in desperation. Notice how the "camera" pans to Yozora who expresses surprise when Sena mentions the poster. Notice how there's a brief silence when Sena shouts she just wants friends. These are all pretty blatant meta cues meant to place importance on a moment. It's obviously not being played for laughs. It's being taken seriously. It's very clearly meant to be seen as important.

The cues from there on only increase. Like I said, Sena specifically talks about the friends she wants and "licking feet" don't come into it. Furthermore, Kodaka herself even notes how she might feel alienated and Kodaka is almost always used as mouthpiece for exposition when he's analysing other characters.

I've also pointed out the overall narrative cue in that they're all supposed to be genuinely desiring friends because that's the underlying core theme of the show.

The evidence is overwhelmingly against you.

Quote:
Besides, saying she wants friends but at the same time nobody is good enough is the duality that I'm talking about.
What is that duality? What is that theory/interpretation based on? How exactly is that relevant to what we're talking about?

Quote:
What, who are you again?Sort of looking familiar..
Whoever you're mistaking me for, yeah I'm that guy. XP