View Single Post
Old 2009-05-02, 08:14   Link #8
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

(I know it's most definitely not related, but it kinda reminded me of the germans before the second world war. They were told their Führer is going to save the country, many years before the outbreak of WW2.)

About leading it to the right direction. My problem with that concept is, that it doesn't have a finite, limited, concrete "state" when one could expect the objective to be finished.
If it's economic recession, it unreasonable to assume there are guarantees, it's going to be the last one. If it's the unemployment rate, it's unlikely everything will stay as they manage to achieve etc.
Even if one of them points the country to the correct direction, I believe without some involvement it's unlikely to assume things would never change without some desired adjustments time to time.

My problem with the whole game is, that it's not possible to decide when is someone "hitting the finish line".

Additionally, I have no idea why would the Supporter thinks the brain surgeon guy did a poor job. He basically almost managed to tackle one of the aspects Japan actually suffers from (remember GITS: The Solid State Society from the SAME creators). I refer on the fact how he tries to give jobs for the elderly no one would give jobs anymore, especially to take care other incapable/disabled elderly. If that's not the right direction I have no clue what it could be really. Because he died when he still had money left, it's fair to assume the supporter may believe that's not the right way to win.
Of course it's possible the Supporter doesn't support (haha pun) the proverb "the end justify means", and by bribing certain people (and spreading corruption by that, which is also a likely candidate to win by eliminating it, even if it's not so realistic) the Doctor crossed the undefined line in the eyes of the Supporter.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-02 at 09:06.