View Single Post
Old 2010-03-28, 17:09   Link #19
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I like how this topic has RAGE capitalized. Hahahaha

Anyhow, I'm kind of shocked. Not so much at the copying, let the companies work that out; who cares. I awnt to know more about you guys saying that the "anime industry copies all the time". Does this make copying bleach okay, or does it mean that the anime industry should stop copying?

And could somebody elaborate more on the copying thing (within anime). Like I said I had no idea and I'd like to know more.
Certainly.

Animation industries, or perhaps I should say art industries, have looked to eachother for inspiration since the dawn of their existence. Sometimes copies were more blatant then others, sometimes they were more successful then others (you never stopped to scratch your head at how similar Daffy and Donald Duck are?) but this has always been the case.

Sometimes and artist gets stuck, and needs an idea to help him through. Other times, he's a big fan and wants to use that which he likes in his works. Other times, it's a simple matter of success and capitalizing on success.

Now the important thing is that I not so much mind people shaking their heads and growling at it happening, but I am aghast that this was actually thought to be worth creating a topic about.

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-03-28 at 17:22.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote