View Single Post
Old 2013-02-27, 23:58   Link #983
deadlights911

In no particular order:

EF – A Tale of Memories. Everything about this anime is just… brilliant. The chemistry between both couples was just so fantastically well done, especially Renji and Chihiro. It’s poignant, touching, and just so good! I can’t recommend it enough if you enjoy good romance.

Welcome to the NHK – I can’t recommend this anime enough. Welcome the NHK doesn’t shy away from the realities of life; it says “Hey, life isn’t all sunshine and bubblegum, so let’s face it, it can be pretty bleak and depressing” Don’t be fooled, the show may start off as a hilarious comedy but underneath it all the atmosphere is pretty dark and it’s not until the last four episodes that are just heart-wrenching and beautiful moving. The ending was just brilliant.

BTOOOM!!! – I’m not a big fan of dark anime, but BTOOOM! exceeded my expectation, especially since the first episode seemed generic. BTOOOM! isn’t afraid to show the darker sides of human nature/life and every character had a very interesting background. Overall I enjoyed it a lot, even with some cliqued/cheesy elements, BTOOOM! is worth watching (if you can stomach the content) and I’m really hoping for a second season.

Darker Than Black – Darker Than Black may have a concept that’s been used over 9000 times (basically it’s humans who gained supernatural powers after a strange occurrence appears in Japan) but it comes out fresh and original with very intriguing powers, characters and plot twists.

And tie between:

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster)/Lovely Complex – It’s hard to decide between the two of these since they’re both romantic comedies with similar concepts. Both couples are high school students who seem to have a bi-polar relationship where they’re both bickering with each other. I think My Little Monster is slightly better but I’m still going to have call this a tie. Anyway, both anime are awesome.
deadlights911 is offline   Reply With Quote