View Single Post
Old 2012-03-11, 01:34   Link #13
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
1) Actually, the thread has now been sent to a place that way fewer people will look at.

2) Ah, so I'm guessing China avoided the chaos of the 19th and early 20th centuries? Are the Qing still in power?
1) So it does seem. At least it should be a more safe-guarded place compared to the more public General Chat. Then again, it's not anime related, and thus I still doubt that here's the right place for this thread.

2) They avoided the 20th century warlord era, but up to Xinhai revolution, their history didn't meaningfully differ from RL. Only that during Boxer rebellion, instead of Eight Nations Alliance, you have Nine Nations Alliance, adding Ottoman Empire into the coallition. I wonder how much this will render Chinese muslims alienated later down the line, and the Chinese general policy of later times towards Islam religion. But I envision the creation of relatively significant Hui community in Nusantara (Indonesia) due to this. And, there will also likely be the tension in Central Asia between Chinese in Xinjiang and Ottoman dominion of Turkestan, out of former's suspicion regarding possible Pan-Islamic agenda to threaten Chinese territorial integrity.