View Single Post
Old 2018-02-10, 17:01   Link #12
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Or eliminate movies entirely from consideration and just focus on televised shows which is what the vast majority of commentary on this site is about. I'd favor this.
Does that mean no Movie category either? Because I wouldn't want that. Anime films often end up being some of my favourite of the year and I'd hate to not be able to vote for them when I know they're legitimately better (for, say a genre category).

I've always felt like the whole point of the awards was to raise awareness for shows you liked and to get them on other people's radar. I feel like it would be kinda counterproductive to remove an entire selection altogether. And as far as I'm aware of, films are only a controversial inclusion in the Visual & Animation category. It just seems kinda harsh to ban them from all the other categories too. At the very least, I'd like to have a Movie category.

Quote:
Movies pose a special problem in that they are much less available for viewing (at least legally) than televised shows. I'm sure I'm not alone when I see movies in the list that I haven't heard of, never mind watched.
I can't say I'm aware of this problem. In terms of proportionality, I'd say my awareness and accessibility is about the same between films and TV shows.

Then again, I do make the eligibility lists every year...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote