View Single Post
Old 2012-01-17, 13:18   Link #7
warita
Dai-Youkai

I liked this anime, it had an interesting way of telling the story and it required the viewer to think. That in my eyes is the strongest plus of this show. I am tired of boring shows, that numb your mind. The secretive format required you to be continuously on the lookout for clues and even long after the episode is over you think about what happened and you discuss your theories with your friends. Whats better than that???

I do have to admit though that the show had a downhill tendency and it begun with the flashbacks...... in other words the second half of the anime. Until then the story was light hearted; the characters were goofing around, Ringos infatuation was both creepy and funny. The story didnt make much sense, but that wasnt so bad, because it was entertaining. In the second half the atmosphere suddenly turned serious, creepy and depressing. I think I can say without much exaggeration, that the mystery aspect of the first half was what carried this show, so the moment the explanatory second part started, it went downhill for me.

Despite this critisism from me, I believe it was one of the best shows of this season. It was refreshingly unique, original and entertaining. We definately need more shows like this one.

Final score: 8/10.