View Single Post
Old 2016-12-14, 15:56   Link #1238
4th Dimension

* engaging medium necromancy *

Apparently with the Blue Ray release of this movie the creators included a set of Picture Drama Shorts (basically image and narration over it, about 5 minutes long each). I got my hands on 5 of them that have been translated (I don't know if there are more of them, kind of doubt it since the last one contains the closing remarks from the "presenters").

Basically all of them concern/"explore" rejected plots/shows that use the characters from first three seasons. And all of the "ideas" are fricking hilarious. I now have a grin permanently plastered to my face despite feeling a bit down thinking how far the franchise has sunk before watching them.

First one is a "What if" Hayate was the star of the first Season and not Nanoha. It contains a truly Hayate way of resolving her issues with Fate.
Spoiler for The solution:

Also since Hayate wields Raising Hearth, then Nanoha gets to be "The LORD of Night Sky". The idea intrigues me and at the same time terrifies me as it should any right thinking person that wants the strong and weak atomic forces to keep his atoms together. That will not be the case any more if Nanoha get her hands on THAT amount of power.

The second and third ones are about a show supposedly airing on Midchildan TV "Nurse Girl Medical Shamal". A girl whose mother suspiciously looks like Hayate gets the ability to transform into Nurse Girl Medical Shamal so she can heal people. She is oposed by the doctors of darkness who are played by the Wolkenritter (Vita, Signum, Reinforce I and Zafira). This is the great opportunity to see them give 100% ham evil intros to themselves. The second (third) one gives a brief overview of the plot of the season with the "SURPRISING TWIST" (they lampshade that it's hardly surprising) and how would the season end.

The fourth is about a show that would center on the Magical Wolkenritter family who appear as a normal family yet they hide a SECRET. In SECRET they solve and fight magical problems in the neighborhood.
Spoiler for The Family:

The fifth is set in a school setting with the older cast being Teachers/Administrators while the younger ones are students. Their school is confronted by the harsh private school run by Regius and Jail and attended by Numbers and Lutecia. The whole spiel from Regius is about how harshness and discipline is better than fluffiness of the Aces's school. His entire spiel kind of reminds me of something Satsuki from Kill la Kill might say with the amount of hotbloodedness that I half expected for block letters to start slamming into the screen with his every sentence.

All in all the art is nice, and we get to see the familiar characters in different fanfictey settings. The only problem with the art is that it's following the Vivid's example of using every chance it can get to show half naked preteens.

Basically even if most of these are as silly stupid and insane as a pile of [insert small animal here] these are like 10000% better and more watchable than Strike. And hell some of them don't even use Nanoha that much.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote