Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-31, 18:09   Link #489
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
There you have it. You guys got it first hand from a professional. Now you could probably explain the damages it does financially and probably some minds are gonna change.
Not that i want to defend those who smoke (I never smoked and don't plan to start), but I don't think that minds are gonna change that easily. Here in France, there are more people than in the past who take preventive actions. There are also a lot of debates and articles in newspaper.

However, the number of young people who smokes is increasing, and they start at a very early age.

It's the same with alcohol and drugs (not ontly cannabis, but now also cocaine). Lots of preventive actions and bans, but still increasing, and not only among the young people. When I did see a documentary about a village of only 300 people where there were dealers and lots of people who were buying drugs, I was like "what?".

I don't have any better solution, but I just point out that banning something or saying to people that "they will die if they don't stop" don't seem to work that greatly for now. Though I think it's better to try something rather than doing nothing, so I am not against the actions that our government takes.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote