View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 09:07   Link #1247
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, it's not pretty normal. There's nothing normal about clinging to a guy like glue while he goes about his daily work, especially when he appears to have escaped the incident entirely unscathed (seriously, why couldn't the anime have given Oojima at least a couple bruises or bandages or something at least to make Chisato's reaction a bit more sympathetic - It's like this show is doing everything it can to make Chisato look bad ).
About her making her look bad it would be better for the PSP game if that were to happen to first time viewers as it would prompt them to get the game to see other routes if they decided that they didn't really like Chisato as a heroine.

I think a certain level of sympathy is required to understand her reaction, to be fair I think its unlikely that many people get to see their own brother get knocked down by a car possibly due to their own actions. So IMO for her to have to relive the experience will probably induce a real shock to her, its like having twice the guilt and twice the pain of loss. So her emotions would be in control rather than her rational thinking which as the anime has shown she is rational and smart.

On another note, her trauma is most deeply rooted within the chocolate aspect of their relationship, if that can be overcome, her resolution can easily happen. I felt that that was was the episode 10 and the previous episodes were trying to show, she is not as emotionally dependent on Yuuki as she is to the chocolate ritual that she creates in order to escape her own guilt. The fact that she tries to use the chocolate during the bathroom scene shows that she thinks that its a way for her to atone for her actions, a form of escapism for her if you will. Therefore contrary to the belief that she is completely crazy and needs professional help, it is not completely impossible for her to overcome her dependency on seeing chocolate get eaten.