Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-28, 23:29   Link #237
retardation
phantom loser

i have some questions. sorry i haven't read the entire thread so i don't know if these have already been addressed:

1. how good of a vacation is going to japan all by yourself. i've never traveled anywhere alone before but i really would like to visit japan and don't know anyone who wants to go with me/can afford it. is it easy to say make travel friends with random people or anything like that. one guy i know told me that people are really friendly but then another japanese-canadian friend of mine said that most people are actually annoyed by foreigners and are just being polite. is it easy to make friends with other tourists... any situation i could put myself in to make friends with other tourists?

2. is there anything especially bad about being of east indian origin? i hear that blacks and whites get looked up to and other east asians like filipinos are looked down upon so where do indian guys fit?

3. what you think about the strategy of booking a known/major hotel for 2-3 days before i go and then trying to find a hostel/cheap hotel for the remainder of my trip? note: i don't speak japanese.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote