View Single Post
Old 2009-09-02, 16:01   Link #14
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Coby is smart , can't do anything , well run away . He has something he wants to become you need to be alive to do it.
I concur: its very stupid to waste your life serving something you don't really see as worth it. Although he DID say he wanted to become an Admiral. But then he can't do that from beyond the grave.

Quote:
Akainu kills off all the marines who succumbed to their fear of the war and tried to run away.....

-Whitebeard's forces rush forward on the path that Oars cleared for them, and a female pirate named "Ice Witch Whitey Bay" clears another path for the pirates by breaking the waves that were frozen by Aokiji.
I find Akainu's behaviour to be disgusting. More so because without his DF power, he'd be nothing. He was just lucky to strong enough to stand this long. I wish Whitebeard would cut him down sharp.

The Ice Witch lady is most likely not a contradiction of the no-two DFs being the same paradigm, so I'll defer comment. If the 'Ice' title refers to her personality then I think it would be nice to see a fight between her and Boa. More for curiousity than anything else.

^^^ @ marvelB's post above me: He and Blackbeard will have to tussle (hopefully) if their aims clash. I thought there might be a definitive winner as well before, but with how the author has presented the war, there may not be. In fact, I'm thinking that yea, there won't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I'm guessing Luffy will be the one that reaches Ace, but I wonder what next. Luffy frees Ace from his cuffs and makes him run away or leaves him to his fate? I somehow can't see Luffy letting his weakened brother fight and yet I don't think that Ace will want to leave his nakama behind. There's no turning back from war.

If Donflamingo has string power then maybe both Buggy and Luffy won't be affected - Buggy would toss away controled parts and Luffy would just strech and move other way... just a thought so don't hate.
As much as the confusion so far certainly provides a stage for it, Id like to think that Oda's storytelling is a bit better than that (And I firmly believe it is). It seems a little less necessary now for some reason that someone other than Luffy be the final 'saviour' of Ace, but still...

Then again, Luffy has taken a good bit of hurt recently: a bit of a revival is in order, too. *Shrug*. The story's going perfect either way.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2009-09-02 at 16:16.