View Single Post
Old 2009-05-10, 09:34   Link #477
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
What? The chapter ended before the confrontation of between Ed and Mustang, so obviously there won't be anything like that. And I really doubt Roy would burn Riza and Ed, possibly attack them but not kill them. And ok you are telling me that he is going after Envy because of what Envy did? Tell me then where are the implications to this? There is none, Roy got angry and attacked Envy because after he told Roy that it was him who killed Hughes. And the fact that Roy burned Envy when he transformed into Hughes without slight hesitation it show how much anger has consumed him. Also I could tell that you are wrong because the author is showing what is going on Mustang's mind indirectly. Don't expect the author to spoon feed you about everything.
The fact that he asked Ed to give Envy back and didn't just burn Envy is proof enough he wasn't blinded by revenge. And yes, I'm telling that one of the reasons he wants to kill Envy is because of what (s)he did in Ishval and later. Where are the implications of this? It's simple. He tried to kill Lust, Scar, Gluttony and others because they were a threat. For the same reasons he wold kill Envy even if he didn't know he was the one that killed his friend. Revenge is just another reason to do it. Just because Arakawa didn't state it directly doesn't mean I'm wrong.

And you didn't answer my question. Are you saying that he doesn't care about people killed by Envy? About Envy being the one that caused a war? If you read FMA manga attentively you would know the answer.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote