Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 17:40   Link #2142
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Hanyu is the spirit of the woman who gave her life at an earlier Watanagashi festival right? So why does she choose to be with Rika? I guess she appears as a child to match Rika's body's age, but Rika is mentally very old now, so why not age herself older?
Might actually make Rika upset because she also wants to grow older. Rika is also the only one she can interact with, everyone else can't see or hear her. (with some exceptions to level 5 people.) I don't really think Hanyuu looks that young though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
I believe that has indeed been asked before, but I'll try to answer it.

First, take a look at this rubbish diagram I just drew:

(Click for larger image.)

The way I see it, Himatsubushi takes place before any of the other arcs (from Rika's point of view), when Rika still had the ability to travel back to the time when Akasaka visited Hinamizawa for the first time. In that scenario, Rika was not able to get Akasaka to return to Tokyo. However, in another scenario, Akasaka does return to Tokyo. This is the last time Rika goes back that far, and so the fact that Akasaka returns to Tokyo 'sticks'. In other words, Akasaka will always return to Tokyo in all future scenarios. All the other arcs branch off this scenario.
In the anime he doesn't return to Tokyo to save his wife in Tsumihoroboshi, that might be just because of the anime needed to add more stuff to the arc though.

Last edited by Seronei; 2013-01-29 at 17:54.
Seronei is offline   Reply With Quote