View Single Post
Old 2013-03-01, 02:38   Link #29
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam
well I only noticed one instance of an unusual angle. I'm like, "really? No panties? What's the point?", despite knowing full well the intentions of that angle were.
I also liked Sena randomly doing a sexy pose about 36 seconds into the episode. No idea why she would suddenly spread her legs in the middle of playing a Visual Novel, but hey, can't complain about a free boner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragez2010
is she classified as tsundere or kuudere?
'Kuudere' is a better classification, I would say, since it fits her overall demeanor and she makes a much stronger effort to seem aloof than insulting. The only person she shows much tsun to is Sena, who she might genuinely hate (this episode confirmed that Sena legitimately hates Yozora, at least, though I guess there's still some room for interpretation there as to the honesty of her statement).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko
Wouldn't a cat cafe be incredibly unsanitary to be able to stay in business?
My guess is that none of the customers can bring themselves to care because they're just so happy to be surrounded by kittens. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko
Those were times the two of them really cherished after all so that's likely why Yozora got so upset, though I'm not sure she believed why they'd be more important than the present.
I haven't read the Light Novels yet, and I'm not sure if Yozora's backstory has been elaborated upon even in the source material, but my guess is that she treasures the past so much not just because it was so nice, but because her life since then hasn't been so great. I'm thinking that the reason she hates bullies so much is because she might've been bullied herself sometime during the ten years between the backstory and the series proper, that it really damaged her, and that she's never known the same peace or security that she did during her childhood days with Kodaka. I also think that Yozora became so pissed at Sena's statement because her status as Kodaka's childhood friend is like a security blanket for her, a reminder that she might have the deepest relationship with Kodaka. "I've known Kodaka since we were children, so obviously his bond with me is more important than his bond with these newbies he's only known a short time." Sena's statement was like a splash of cold water reminding her that she's overestimating the importance of the past and underestimating the importance of the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo
I had a thought:

How do you think will Yozora react if Kodaka took Sena's place in scolding her for the childhood friend fixation? Never mind the very low possibility of it actually happening, just think of Yozora's reaction.
If it had been Kodaka who said that, the episode would have to be renamed to "My Childhood Friends Commit Suicide Too Much."

Okay, maybe that's a bit much, but unless Kodaka corrected himself on his faux pas, it would have a bad effect on Yozora, likely coming close to the top of the list of her most significant traumas.

Good episode. I think it's kind of endearing just how unashamedly biased Yozora is towards those she cares about.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2013-03-01 at 02:41. Reason: how do I verb tense