View Single Post
Old 2007-02-03, 23:46   Link #6
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I disagree.

Let's assume you are serious, and somehow you DO get this off the ground. What you're doing isn't HELPING people get out of this. You're helping BURY people in this all over again. You're basically having a huge pity party for them, and they'll be so comfortable in their surroundings that they will NEVER, EVER get out of it.

People who are comfortable or content--and I'll admit, you WILL make them comfortable and content with this, for certain, VERY comfortable--never grow up. People who are unable to face change just don't grow--like bonsai trees, they're limited by the pampering and care given to them. Yes, they're beautiful, but they're also horrifically stunted. They can never be the big tree they could have been. People who are unwilling to accept that yes, there was something painful in my life, but I can't let that thing rule the way I want to live my life now--they won't change.

People HAVE to be hurt. People HAVE to be thrown out in the cold sometimes, to adapt. They HAVE to be uncomfortable with where they are, otherwise, why change? Why try to improve if everything is all right with you? If you REALLY want to be a constructive member of society, you don't need ANYTHING to do so. You simply want to be it and go for it.

You're not making it better for anybody. You're just telling them that the past, which we can't change, is more important than the present and future, which you CAN change.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote