View Single Post
Old 2006-08-11, 21:32   Link #56
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
I love how everyone hides behind the "sales" excuse. igLoo and Stargazer didn't have as HUGE of a budget that SEED or DESTINY has, but it was big enough for the shows to make an impact thus far on the Gundam community. If you look at the talk on BBS, 2chan, blogs, etc they have nothing by praise for the series. Apocalypse 0079 (since they actually offered this on mainstream) was on Oricon's #1 spot for sales. I think that says something. Badai really doesn't deal with the risks... it's Sunrise that dictates it. The only thing they care about is making models and selling them. Stargazers line is making fans cream their pants in anticipation.

And obviously if Fukuda was the master of his domain with SEED and DESTINY, then he wouldn't need to kill off the entire Cosmic Era with a movie now would he? Nor would he have to make a show for the kiddies. Stargazer and igLoo were specifically created to market towards the older generation of Gundam fans, and it just goes to show that it can kick the kiddy shit in the teeth.

Quoted again for truth for SEED and DESTINY.
I generally agree with what you said and am really hoping you're right, but I still have doubts. I was more thinking of Turn-A Gundam (my favorite Gundam series) when I made that post, but the Z movies were successful so there's still hope. I made a mistake when I said Bandai instead of Sunrise, because I actually think Bandai didn't benefit that much from the SEED series. The models didn't do so well I heard, but the Lacus / Lunamaria figurines, drama CDs, posters, key chains, body pillows, or whatever sold extremely well. I'm not sure who benefits from all these, Sunrise or Bandai, but I assume this profit line may be severely crippled with a series marketed towards the older generation (even though I do want a Haman figure. )
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote