View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 15:43   Link #556
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
If I were to write fanfic, I'd introduce a race similar to the Mongol but with flamethrower that Chinese improved from Greek Fire, to slaughter the knights of Brune by burning them alive inside their full plate armor...

I think it's so dumb to say that the archers are cowards when the knights wear full body armor that arrow can't penetrate.

Mongol used to fight against the knights, Teutonic Knight and Templars, but I don't think their victory is definite. They won, but they have superior number.

Hell, Mongol was driven away by Vietnamese, while they could conquer Southern Song Dynasty China, destroyed Iraq and Ancient Burma. It makes me wonder what would happen if the knights were to meet Southeast Asians during that time.

Archers can penetrate knight armor...read about how the battle of Anglecourt? where the french knights were decimated by British Archers, given heavy those armor were, a straight arrow can knock you off a horse, then you are screwed while the other side come for you and finish you off.

As for the Vietnamese....they had two advantages the other 3 nations you named didn't have

1) A huge jungle which deter cavalry. (AKA mongol strength)

2) WAAAAY out of their way. the Mongols has to conquer/administer huge swath of land which might be prone to harassment and rebellion (The logistic chains would had been a nightmare). If Vietnam was located on the Manchurian border, the story might turn out way different.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote