View Single Post
Old 2008-06-28, 17:02   Link #56
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

It's pretty hard to mess up the adaptation story wise, since the story in the novel is pretty damn straight forward.

What's difficult is going to be how they would translate the descriptive text into moving pictures. I find half the fun in Toradora is the wacky descriptive text, while the other half is the colourful language employed by the 3 main female characters in the dialogue - whether it is Taiga's creative but highly abusive insults, Minori's slightly twisted sense of puns to Ami's display of dual personalities, if anything I'm looking at how competent the script writer and scenario writer will be, rather than the animation abilities of the anime house or the pass record of the director. The scenario writer Okada Mari is not particularly well known nor can be considered a long time veteran, but seems to have a pretty solid record, and better yet is a female, which I personally feel much more comfortable knowing this because the original novel is written by a female writer afterall and it most definitely shows in the female characters in the novel, and is essentially what separates this series from a lot of other shounen romantic comedy stories.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2008-06-29 at 02:38.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote