View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 14:06   Link #36
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
My opinion is pretty much the same as Keroko. I've played the game, and it doesn't mean i want the anime to be a complete 100% copy of it. This especially goes for this episode, and the changes added to it. It makes for a nice twist for we game players that knew what was going to happen at the end of the episode.
See, I'm only partly in this camp.

I didn't want to see a 1-to-1 copy of the game, either, but I didn't want to see major plot changes like this. Without spoiling anything I hope that what happened with Cordellia when she was taking off her headpiece or whatever is revisited later and that returns to the path of the game's story, if you catch my drift. I'd be okay with that change if that DOES happen later, because for me it'll be a plausible explanation of how she kept that piece of information under wraps for so many years. (I think I was vague enough in what I said that really only game-players should get it). I mean, it was completely innocuous now but that would be a pretty damn gigantic change as far as I'm concerned.

I was looking forward to this series as an expansion of the game. Kinda like when you translate a book to a movie you can't put everything in the movie because of time limitations... Well, the game, in order to be reasonable length, had to skip over a lot of stuff or not expand upon it because it wasn't particularly relevant to the main story. I was hoping the anime would be like a "second movie" where the story could be retold but with other things being more prominent. Like episode 9 was fantastic for me. It gives us more background on Maximillian and his relationship with the greater Imperial family and more about Selvaria that we didn't get a whole lot of in the game.

I don't want a 1-to-1 copy but I also don't want very drastic changes in the primary story line, characters, etc. so that it starts to become something that, to me, is not REALLY Valkyria Chronicles but rather something just bearing the name and little other relation.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."