View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 18:52   Link #1174
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

If we were to use only "slapstick comedy" and verbal exchange as the vector of comparison, we might as well take all the series under such category, and label them as carbon copy (which would lead to a very ridiculous list). That's a simplification of my part but you get the idea: yes, both series share a specific type of comedy, yet I digress in your comparison, since I still consider a certain difference, which is also affecting other series.
Imho, the presentation is a tad different: air/kanon/clannad use the boke-tsukkomi (and this is more dialogues, except few points like Sunohara's antics), chu2koi rather uses completely whacky parts that just drasticaly enforce the comedy mood already established.
Chu2koi is much flashier and relying on the presentation of the slapstick, than really the dialogue, hence fumoffu/nichijou mentions (of course, I'm not basing everything on the action scenes alone). Also, I never took in consideration the character design in play.

In a nutshell, "comedy" style in my case isn't enough to really take another series as a base comparison (hence why I states it might confuse some people in the process), as there is more than just mere category of "wisecrack" / "tsukkomi boke" / "slapstick". Otherwise, that would make a series like Horizon and Steins;Gate as a "key-like comedy" series which would more than just misleading.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-10-12 at 19:03.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote