View Single Post
Old 2009-12-16, 20:26   Link #57
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
AGREED TIMES 100000000000000000
Stop complaining, It'll be rushed, so what?
Maybe they'll spend an entire episode on the teaparty, or at least HALF of an episode, judging by the RAW, this episode is OH SO TOTALLY FRIGGIN AWESOME TO MEH. Even though I despise Ange (why do I always hate on certain characters?? Mikuru from Haruhi and now Ange..) I felt so sorry for her in here..
If I may quote Klash from the experienced VN reader-only Anime thread on this same subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
You do realize that a bad adaptation will just be a big deal on middle and long term for the non VN fandom?
The problem is not "how it isn't like the VN", the problem is how it isn't an "adaptation" considering how it made so many glaring mistakes and difference.

If an adaptation is supposed to be experienced without the original material, it should then stand by itself without lacking key points of the said story.
And this is where the problems lies.
Of course, you don't care since you know the VN already, but does that mean people can't expect them to have their favorite story animated? Furthermore a possible medium to share with non VN readers?

I'm really getting fed up with the "stop complaining/being picky" attitude, since it is no less more "rightful" either. If they complain, most of the fans do it with a certain purpose because they have such love and respect to the said story.
If they can't put up their thoughts, why would they bother putting positive points then? Talk about double standards.
And I agree with him completely. No offense, if you Anime-only viewers are happy with the product you have, that's great. I was an Anime-only viewer of Higurashi and have still yet to play the VN's (though I sincerely hope to; here's hoping the official localization is good), and I thoroughly enjoyed the series long before I know how much had been altered via these forums. In retrospect, does it soil my enjoyment of Higurashi, knowing it was also butchered? Not in the least, it just excites me to want to get to know the source material (especially having now experienced Umineko in reverse). I hope it's the same for you guys, honestly, because at least someone can enjoy the Anime that way, but kindly don't try to tell us to stop complaining. We won't stop complaining any more than you'll stop praising it, so to each his own. I know that Anime viewers don't like it when they're made out by VN players to be clueless n00bs all the time...well, it works both ways, and personally as a VN player I don't take kindly to Anime-only viewers judging us all as whiny never-stop-complaining snobs whose complaints aren't justified just because you enjoyed the episode.

We have every right to our opinion as much as you do yours. Our complaints are justified, and yes, it's NOT going to be a fun ride of most of next week considering the pacing of this episode. Please don't act like our complaining is just silly nonsense and 'so what if it's rushed' because yes, to many of us, that is a big deal. Especially when you guys don't know what's left to come? Yeah, don't act like it's 'not a big deal', because to most of us, seeing this adaptation of our beloved series, it IS.

Will be back to watch the episode and write my own review later, I need to stop slacking off and get back to work on my final papers due tomorrow @#$%