Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-04, 00:32   Link #1261
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I'm quite sure that, at no point in the novel, it says that the girl's skirts are made of lead, and thus they mustn't flip in zero g. But hey, perhaps that's wrong, and you can show me the part in the novels where it *does* say so. I'm waiting
The more you stick to what is, quite frankly, a stupid argument, and the more you use emoticons like that, the less you convince me that you're in this for anything other than perverted reasons. Just so you know.

The girls had to be wearing skirts. The girls weren't wearing suits originally, so they weren't wearing them here. Also, as I already said, spacesuits are not generally equipped with enough air for multi-day trips, not to mention they are unwieldy and unnecessary inside the sealed environment of the ship. Likewise, the Odette didn't have artificial gravity. So it doesn't have it here. And finally, the girls were wearing their school uniforms, as is fitting for a school club on an official school trip. There's no sign that they should have had specially-tailored uniforms for zero-g, especially since it seems most of the club's activities actually involved staying on the ground and piloting ships by remote.

And so, the anime's creators were faced with a problem: the source material requires the girls to be wearing skirts, and be in zero-g, but it's not the sort of series that would work with the panty shots that would normally create. Solution: TV-Tropes infamous Magic Skirts that defy physics to prevent panty-shots, but which have been an accepted part of animation since before anime existed. A time-honored tradition, and complaining about it now is rather stupid.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote