View Single Post
Old 2012-01-26, 19:03   Link #2963
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Oh, I know that's part of why she doesn't appeal to me that much- even though she could have if they'd done her character properly. And I think it's probably what most people have a problem with... her lack of a backstory, flaws and relatable traits make her difficult for people to understand or, well feel related to.
I was just saying that leaving those issues aside she at least does something, compared to some of the more awful characters of her type. Considering she's a main heroine however, it's a grave oversight that she doesn't have any of the above- but we all know it plays back into how she's a self-insert.

I doubt that's the case. A background is just hard to do for a character who's meant to be flawless- it means having to do a lot of human stuff with them and that's usually messy.

Either that, or there really wasn't anything in her past...

edit: actually there at least has to be how she became a popstar, why she became who she is in Seed though...
Here are a few things that were mentioned about her past:
  • An abandoned theater (where Athrun visited to pursue Lacus); this is where Lacus had her debut performance
  • Lacus's mother's ring
  • Her relationship with Athrun

If I were to write an Episode Zero-like origin for her, here are some ideas I would put in:
  • Establish a relationship w/ Athrun
  • Introduce Lacus's mother
  • Lacus's debut performance at the same abandoned theater (the main storyline)
  • Have her story intertwine with Athrun's
  • Dedicate 1/4ths of her storyline to the relationship between Siegel and Patrick; this also applies to Athrun's storyline as well