View Single Post
Old 2009-04-14, 16:03   Link #77
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I'm sorry it's never going to be big, like everyone thinks or hope it will be.

Most anime fans I know are poor and can't afford another bill at the end of the month or they are cheap. Why pay good money when you can find it for free and only have to pay your regular internet bill.

Anime could be as low as 1 dollar a episode on DVD and most of my friends or etc sill wouldn't pay it.
http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...331_726397.htm

Time Warner is looking at having "download" plans instead of unlimited downloading--it is currently being tested in several areas. Basically just like a phone has a limited number of minutes in many plans. If you go over the limit, they'll charge you per gig over you go. The analogy is, if you and a friend go out to eat, and you get a light salad and he orders a 3 course meal--then you split the bill--it isn't fair.

This radically trashes your agrument about fan subs being "free"...suddently your IP will start charging you as a middle man. I'd wager, Crunchyroll might be alot more appealing. It makes me anxious, I'll admit.

Sure you can change service providers, but it might end up like how gas stations all mysteriously are within a few cents of each other. It could very well signal the end of the "Wild West" internet stage.
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote