View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 02:42   Link #1038
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
But we're talking about Battle of Sekigahara here, Tokugawa Bakufu wasn't establish until AFTER the battle. That battle and the Siege of Osaka turns out to be one of the first Japanese battles that feature sizable number of iron canons.

As for steam engine,

I don't doubt they might be able to make some primitive prototypes. However, I do question whether they are capable of building engines that are powerful enough to make the concept practical or have the level of skill/technology available to build the system or devices that can make use of that engine.

But in any case it'll still need good amount of time for Oda clan to harness it, and frankly they don't have that time because of Honno-ji.

If you are sticking to the LN, they got even less time with the accelerate timeline.

But of course, if that was really what author wanted he could simply disregarded all this and go straight to Oobu a la Sakura Taisen.
I was replying to the point about how even after the battle of sekigahara, cannons weren't mass produced.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote