View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 02:12   Link #1243
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
He was a veteran cop before he became an enforcer, so I do not see any intuition in play, just years of experience dealing with these kind of people.

From what we have seen so far IMO the hue level detector is merely giving a quantification of the level of psychosis human beings have at the moment, so thinking a mentally unstable person can sniff* another is a fallacy.

*as in, identifying them just by looking at them without having any kind of verbal interaction.
Years of experience is what gives him intuition. In any case, the guy's demeanor gave himself away and his subsequent actions when confronted by a couple of non-threatening mascots.

As for making a potential mistake, episode 1 already established the psycho-pass system is flawed. It's not necessary repeat this again from a story perspective (well, not this early).
The point of this 'sniff out the criminal' plot is to expand on the idea of "contagion" of crime coefficients (To spot or beat the criminal, one must think like a criminal), and that they are to be treated as trained dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
How do we know that it wasn't a case of the doctor trying to seduce the enforcer, who then rejected her advances? As I said, context changes everything, and I'm sure we've all been caught in situations that made us look horribly wrong when the reality was the complete opposite.
We've also forgotten to mention the doctor starting smoking. It's a common after-sex move in television shows, movies, and real life.
As for the whole lesbian angle, maybe they're setting up a 'doctor tries to make a move on Akane' angle for drama and/or comedic reasons?
I'm kinda doubting ogon_bat's sexual predator theory, though. The two women might just be having a fling to release their frustrations if they're not a couple.

As for the latent criminal status, the only thing I've seen established is those in the working sector are treated lowly. If you don't choose to work, then you're only other 'choice' is isolation (and/or "treatment"?).
I'm also that guessing latent criminals who choose to work can only work in areas designed to capture other criminals. So they'll probably never have a chance to go back to a normal life, even if it is possible.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote