View Single Post
Old 2009-06-06, 05:13   Link #84
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I personally have enjoyed the Impel down Arc, but only because I consider it just an extension of Sabaody Archipelao. Some how I don't see the big show down with Magellan, it just doesn't seem like the focus since my feeling we're going to get the cliche save ace at the public execution. Also when luffy has to actually sets out to defeat a big boss its intentional and its because he's done something inherently evil of his own accord, and usually because someone has done something to his nakama.
(Arlong and Nami, Don Krieg and Sanji, Vivi and Crocodile, Robin and CP9, Ussop and Captain Kuro, Brooke and Moria)

It also seems he's either avoided or not completed major fights when he didn't have this incentive. Though lack of power has been factor. Smoker/Aokiji/Kuma are examples. In these cases the enemy was stronger, but even more so the enemy was "attacking" luffy, and not the other way around.

Quote:
is arc has definitely placed itself as the worst arc in the entire manga
Why do you think? I certainly don't found skypea and florian triangle arc much less entertainings, and they seemed discontinuosu from the broader story line except for the ponyglyphs.

Quote:
No doubt they rate this weeks Bleach chapter many times better than OP chapter and if you read Bleach too you can see how twisted their taste of manga is...
Why does every one piece discussion these days devolve into a comparison between one piece and bleach.