View Single Post
Old 2012-12-26, 10:35   Link #28439
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
We don't have MGs yet because X tanked. And since the whole Gundam anime franchise is essentially nothing but an extremely glorified toy commercial they didn't make a lot of kits for it yet.
The same thing essentially happened with AGE as well. The only difference is that they pretty much released the kits and the show in tandem. That is why we got a MASSIVE amount of HGs and MGs in the beginning but then the pace at which they released the kits slowed down significantly.

However, fans have been demanding MG X kits for quite some time now! So I'm sure that we will get them sooner or later.
We still need a MG V2 as well...
Well I guess that makes sense. But again, I've been rewatching Gundam X lately and really enjoying it a lot more.

I mean is it too much to ask for like X, X Divider, and Double X in MG? Maybe we'll see them in 2013. But Bandai also needs to finish up Age and 00 MG's as well. Wing.. I hope to see a Wing Gundam Zero (TV) and an updated Wing Zero Custom MG's later..

I'm just a bit concerned that so much emphasis is being put into Seed and Seed Destiny as well as UC these days. I mean Seed and Seed Destiny are great and all, but I think many of the Gundam fans outside of Japan started off with Wing, and then from there got really into Gundam with 00 like I did. Then Age came along, but in between there, I'm sure many of us checked out other series like G Gundam and Gundam X.

My rating is like this..

Gundam 00 > Gundam Age > Gundam Wing > Gundam X > G Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, time heals all wounds and Gundam X getting into Super Robot Wars Z series has really helped make it very popular with the new generation that have never even seen the anime.

I want Ennil's Jenice Custom.
I guess that's true that through time, things will get better. Being included into Super Robot Wars Z isn't such a big deal since things like Gundam Seed and now Gundam Seed Destiny is getting an HD Remaster TV airing followed by BluRay releases and "remastered" kits.

I'm just curious as to what that Glory of the Defeated thing is for Gundam Wing. I really really hope that means we'll see MG's like:

Wing Gundam Zero (TV)
Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz Remaster)
Nataku
Heavyarms Custom
Sandrock Custom

And then there's Age that has a huge rush of kits. But mostly they were variations. The Gransa getting an HG release means that we could see a MG release of it later, or maybe get Exia R2 situation where the best we get is HG.. >_<

Last edited by suiton629; 2012-12-26 at 15:15.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote