View Single Post
Old 2013-02-11, 17:07   Link #31883
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
I noticed that the anime had a nice depiction of the crest of the ingot. The impression of the OMK design is that the crest was intentionally a one winged eagle... but the anime shows almost a faded on the side opposite the wing, as if the engraving had been filed off... or not stamped correctly, as was the case in EP7.

I really think the anime is better than what everyone gives it credit for. Has anyone watched it recently?

A lot of things that were red in the VN were taken out... but I think having them made it more confusing and gave the wrong impression.

Take EP4 for example:
Battler Ushiromiya has a sin. Because of this sin, many people on this island had to die. All die, none survive.
That can't be right, because in EP4, we also have a world in which Eva had survived... a world that the American release makes a point of mentioning that it is in fact not an extension of Banquet.
Well, that red works for the game, not for Prime... but funny enough Eva is dead in EP 4's Prime (or Ange's world or whatever you want to call it).

Anyway the anime isn't completely bad... the problem is they really cut a lot of the plot from it, not just in terms of red but also of character relations.

I could accept them making the mysteries easier due to anime lenght, after all the anime is far shorter than the VN, is when they start cutting the characterization that for me it started failing.

Beato and Battler's interaction is definitely not good enough in the anime and Beato's chara loses a lot of her charm.

After reading the visual novel I got a completely different impression of Battler, Beato and their relation compared to the one I got after I had merely watched the anime.

There's even a fanmade ending for Ep 4 that's better than the ending of Ep 4 itself and Ep 3 manga version in many points is much better than Ep 3 anime.

The anime has its good points, of course, and some scenes are pretty good but, all considered it seemed to focus much more on the gory element than on the plot and if you consider that part of the gory scenes were covered up in the tv version to show them only in the dvd you've even that becoming a problem for the tv version.

There's to say things might have improved in Chiru, personally I considered the anime of Higurashi Kai much better than the one of Higurashi so there was a chance that the second series of Umineko would have been of better quality but I guess Umineko got too little love to push Deen to risk making a second anime series.

We'll see if things will change in the future.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote