View Single Post
Old 2007-07-24, 20:46   Link #103
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
really? :O wow...i guess it is just a classic theme used then...had no idea that these types of songs where "hits" in japan...or is retro the new definition of cool? in any case i just love it for bringing back memories! ^.^
Who said these were hits? Are new country western songs in the US listened to by the majority of the Britney Spears-or-teen-heartthrob listening pubescent teens in your country? I doubt so.

Sadly enka is our culture and new release do come out here and then, but those who buy them are the older generations of Japanese who are dying out rapidly. Heck 40 and 50 year olds don't listen to enka because they were brought up listening to GS and American pop culture. Enka is a dying culture...which is struggling to keep itself alive admist the so called "mainstream" JPOP.

Of course, I'm sure "Misoji Misaki" will probably attain high ranks in the Oricon charts not because it's enka, but because it's an anime ED song in which 2channelers would probably start yet another "let's make this song attain number one in Oricon wwwww" type of hype. Is it going to sell? Yes. Is it selling because it's enka? Probably not.